The job duties of a general laborer vary. They may include cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and unloading goods from containers lorry, tally Clark, picker, scanners, delivering materials, and using a variety of tools of machines such as forklifts and lift truck.
Warehouse General Worker Job Duties:
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck or van to and from vendors.
- Maintains truck or van by completing preventive maintenance requirements; arranging for repairs.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Condominum/Apartment General Worker Job Duties:
- Assists skilled maintenance workers with project (Example: transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
- Cleaning supervision of building and ground areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working/learning environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
- Maintains assigned visitor vehicle access for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (Example: carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
- To maintain the place facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety, so that full supervision use of them may be made available to place all the times.
- To supervise and lead all appointed service contractors within the premises whose major responsibility is to provide residents with a safe, secured, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient building in which to learn, play, and develop.